Friday, February 28, 2014

Banana Cake-Melissa

My kids love this. I love this. It is a potluck favorite, and it is fairly easy. Anytime I have some overripe bananas, I will make a banana cake!

Cake

1 1/2 c mashed ripe bananas
2 t lemon juice
3 c flour
1 1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
3/4 c softened butter
2 1/8 c sugar
3 eggs
2 t vanilla extract
1 1/2 c buttermilk

Preheat oven to 275. (My oven runs a little cool, so I set mine to 300)
combine flour, soda, and salt in separate bowl. Cream sugar and butter, add eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, lemon juice, and bananas. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake for one hour. The original instructions say to take the cake straight from the oven and put it directly into the freezer for 45 min, but I thus far haven't been brave enough-I am scared my pyrex will shatter!Maybe one day I will be brave and try it. For now, I just let it cool :)

Frosting

1/2 c butter (softened)
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 t vanilla
3 1/2 c powdered sugar

Combine butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla, and powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment